Entertainment

Halloween is the Time to Buy a Monster High Doll

The ghouls are back! 

Anyone who keeps up with their childhood obsessions might have seen in the last month the latest return of Monster High Dolls. This new generation (colloquially known as “g3”) takes our favorite ghoul friends and gives them a cute new look. Frankie Stein now has blue hair streaks, a super cool prosthetic leg, and goes by they/them pronouns. Clawdeen Wolf now has blonder hair with purple streaks, a furry jacket, and lots of moon accessories. Fan favorite, Draculaura, is now shorter, rounder, and has some fantastic split-dye hair. Lagoona Blue, Cleo De Nile, Ghoulia Yelps, Toralei Stripe, and Deuce Gorgon also have new dolls. Overall, fans can see how the brand has moved away from harsher makeup and doll designs to a softer, rounder look with more body diversity. 

So far Mattel has released a standard line of new dolls, a coffee shop set, Draculaura’s Goreganizer, and a school spirit set. Fans have also sneak-previewed a locker surprise line, a sleepover set, and a day-out set with a super cool car. I’m obsessed with the locker surprise line. I think the fashion is so stunning and my favorite so far. As soon as I can get my hands on her, I’m getting that Frankie! I’m also in love with Dracularua’s new body mold. I absolutely love her hair in the Goreganizer set, so she might be the one I get.

If you have a little extra cash this Halloween season, now is the time to give into your childhood dream and get yourself a Monster High Doll. There are so many amazing options to choose from you can’t really go wrong. They’re creepy, freaky, and fabulous! 

Julia is a Junior English major at Lasell University and the Vice President of Her Campus at Lasell. She enjoys reading, writing, exploring nature, and spending time with her family.