This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Everyone wants to keep their hair healthy and stylish. Unfortunately, not everyone knows the way to do this properly. I interviewed Brittany of Be.You.Tiful Salon and Spa in Portsmouth RI, and she gave me some of the best tips to keep your hair healthy all year long!

On Washing…

“Make sure you are using a quality shampoo to wash and condition your ends to maintain shine and moisture within your ends.”

On Color…

“If you color your hair, stay away from box color because it has metallic salts that dry the hair and strip away its natural state.”

On Heat Styling Tools…

“When using heat styling tools such as flat irons and curling wands, always make sure to use a heat protectant spray beforehand and never use an iron over 392 degrees.”

On Trims…

“Get regular trims to eliminate split ends.”

On Sleeping…

“A satin pillowcase is best to sleep on because it doesn’t break or tug on the hair.”

Hope this helps everyone achieve the look, style, and comfort you want to keep your hair looking great!!!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)