Grey’s Anatomy Season Premiere Leaves Viewers Wanting More

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Grey’s Anatomy fans were jumping out of their seats for the long, anticipated season 11 premiere on Thursday, September 25, 2014. 

The premiere was a great introduction to season 11. I loved that Shonda Rhimes showed how the cast was dealing with Cristina Yang’s departure; even I can’t believe she’s gone! It was packed with drama: patients and relationship (including friendship) problems. Throughout the premiere, I was either jumping out of my seat from the drama or screaming at what the character should’ve done instead. 

The episode, like all of Rhimes’ episodes, never fails to impress. I thought it was beautifully written and directed, leaving viewers on the edge of their seat to figure out what’s going to happen next. Many shows don’t typically last for 11 seasons, so Rhimes is definitely doing something right. There’s something about all the episodes that sucks you into it, sucks you into the characters, and it’s hard to depart! Somebody leaves, somebody dies? Cue the broken heart.

This season is definitely going to be promising. With Yang gone, Meredith Grey is stuck to deal with her problems without her “person.” Grey is an unpredictable person in certain situations, and I’m so excited to see where this season will take her. This episode left many questions unanswered, leaving viewers anxious for the next episode. Either way this season is already proving to be interesting.

Grey’s Anatomy premieres Thursdays at 8 P.M. EST.