This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

It’s strange to think that while I’m writing this article, I’m turning twenty in a little more than a week. Getting older is something I’ve been thinking a lot about lately, especially as I feel myself starting to mature and fully enter adulthood (again, that feels weird to write). I feel it in little things like the clothes I buy, the food I eat, and even how I present myself. That being said, I’ve thought about the goals and things I want to achieve during my twenties.

Become more financially responsible:

I’ll be honest, I’m a big fan of ‘girl math’ and buying myself little treats. While the little rush of joy and serotonin I get from these purchases is great, I need to start thinking long-term about how I spend my money. Sooner rather than later, I’ll have a place of my own, which comes with rent, bills, and purchasing things like groceries and other home necessities. Therefore, I’m going to think more carefully about what I buy and the purchases I’ll need to make in the long run.

Regain my confidence when it comes to driving:

This goal might sound silly, but I don’t drive as much as I used to and I’ve lost some of my confidence with my skills behind the wheel. During my senior year of high school, I drove everywhere and felt pretty confident as a driver. For the past two years, I haven’t had a car on campus and either walk everywhere or get a ride from others. This is something I’m hoping to change in the next year or so. I have a goal of being able to drive to my teaching placement when I’m student teaching full-time as a senior, and having a car on campus in general would make getting around a lot easier. However, this does mean that I have to get over my fear of driving on the highway and in Massachusetts overall. I hope with practice I’ll regain my confidence and make this goal a reality.

Spread and show gratitude to others:

I came up with this goal during a therapy session. For the past year, I have been working on giving myself grace relating to my emotions and situations I’ve gone through. I learned about the concept of grace in my first-year honors course, and it strongly resonated with me. Giving myself space to feel whatever it is I’m feeling, whether it’s anger, sadness, or joy, has helped me grow in terms of emotional maturity. Now, I’m choosing to focus on showing gratitude toward others and showing them the same grace I’ve shown myself. I’m hoping this practice helps me build stronger and meaningful relationships with others.

Make healthier food choices:

This is another goal that may sound silly, but I’ve been trying to make better choices when it comes to food. I tend to order takeout, which is not the healthiest option available.  I have a strong aversion to vegetables, which I’ve been working to counteract through baby steps. If I go to the dining hall for dinner, I make myself a small salad and try to eat as much as I can handle. Additionally, when I go grocery shopping, I make an effort to buy fresh fruit and food with protein or healthier ingredients. I’ve also been cooking a lot more and making use of my meal plan. This is a goal that will definitely take time, but I know will be good for me.

Olivia Post

Lasell '26

Olivia Post is the President of the Her Campus at Lasell chapter. She oversees all matters relating to the chapter, from editorial content to on-campus events. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a student ambassador for the Blue Key Society at Lasell. She is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying Secondary Education and English with a minor in Spanish. In her free time, Olivia enjoys reading, playing video games, and spending time with her roommates. She can also be found working on her latest crochet project, or watching RuPaul's Drag Race.