The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With the holiday season fast approaching, searching for the perfect gift can become a hassle. If you have a book lover or avid reader in your life, finding gifts for them may be an additional struggle if you’re unsure what to get them. As a massive bookworm myself, I compiled a list of gift ideas that are certain to put a smile on the book lover ‘s face this holiday season.

Barnes and Noble gift card:

In any situation, a gift card is usually appreciated as the recipient gets to go shopping. A gift card to a bookstore like Barnes and Noble (or an indie bookstore near you!) is a great gift idea if you’re uncertain as to what genre of books your person likes to read. Any book lover will be thrilled at having an excuse to wander through a bookstore and pick out a new book (or several!) to take home with them. 

A subscription to a book-related service:

Subscription services like Kindle Unlimited or Book of the Month are incredibly popular in the book community. If you know your book lover uses a Kindle to read and doesn’t already have Kindle Unlimited, buying them a subscription to Kindle Unlimited is a wonderful idea! Even if it only lasts a few months, they will get access to tons of different titles and find new books to read. Similarly, a subscription to Book of the Month will allow your reader to pick out hardcover editions of new releases, whether it’s a new book from their favorite author, or one they’ve never heard of, they will love getting the opportunity to expand their bookshelf. 

Book-themed tote bag:

I personally love the idea of gifting someone a tote bag, especially as a reader because one of my top priorities when shopping for a bag is whether or not it can hold my book. Tote bags can also be used for a variety of purposes!  Etsy has tons of beautiful and personalized tote bags available, so you’re certain to find one that your book lover will enjoy and get lots of use out of. 

Scented candle of a favorite character or book:

I know this one sounds weird, but there are candles designed to smell like a certain book or character. The scents usually revolve around the aesthetic or vibes of a setting in a book or what someone imagines a specific character to smell like. Once again, Etsy has an amazing selection of candles with themes ranging from book characters, atmospheres, and even the smell of books themselves. There’s nothing better than lighting a candle, making yourself a beverage or snack, and cozying up with a good book. 

A personalized book stamp:

This item will make the perfect addition to any book lover’s library. A custom book stamp or embosser allows your recipient to personalize their physical book collection with a stamp or embossing designating that book as theirs. You can customize the design to say “From the library of (their name)” with an accompanying illustration. Trust me when I say it is any book lover’s dream to be able to have a sprawling library filled with books, and this gift is the perfect way to get them started. 

Custom bookmarks:

Buying them bookmarks is not only practical, but can be fun too! Etsy once again comes in clutch with literal hundreds of bookmarks available for purchase. You can choose to go personalized with a bookmark containing their name or first initial, or go for something more comical. No matter which style you choose, you’ll be making sure that they’ll never again experience the rage of losing their place in a book! Believe me, they’ll be thankful. 

Special edition of their favorite book (or books!):

Book collectors everywhere will agree with me on this one. If you know one of their favorite books, buying them a special edition of that book will provide them with a spectacular way to make their shelves stand out. These editions usually have gorgeous cover designs and sometimes even extra content that regular copies don’t have. Barnes and Noble has tons of exclusive and collectible editions of books available for purchase.  And you might be thinking, “If they already own a copy, why do they need another one?” To this I say that you can never have too many copies of your favorite book!

If you were struggling to come up with ideas of what to get the book lover in your life, then I hope this list removed some of that holiday shopping stress.

Olivia Post

Lasell '26

Olivia Post is the President of the Her Campus at Lasell chapter. She oversees all matters relating to the chapter, from editorial content to on-campus events. Beyond Her Campus, Olivia is a student ambassador for the Blue Key Society at Lasell. She is currently a sophomore at Lasell University, studying Secondary Education and English with a minor in Spanish. In her free time, Olivia enjoys reading, playing video games, and spending time with her roommates. She can also be found working on her latest crochet project, or watching RuPaul's Drag Race.