Ghost Busters Gets Girly Reboot

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With rumors circulating around that Ghostbusters is being rebooted with an all female cast, speculation has abounded. However, Paul Feig, the director of the hit movie Bridesmaids, officially signed on to take on the reboot of the classic 80’s movie, confirming the reboot and the rumors surrounding an all female cast over the original male cast are true. 

In an interview with The Rolling Stones, Feig said that he did not want to tarnish the original Ghostbuster concept, but rather “restart it,” by casting a group of females as the ones to hold the pronton guns. While not much information has been released, Feig did confirm he had the idea for the all female cast. 

“My favorite thing to do is work with funny women,” Feig said, “I was like, what if it was an all-female cast?”

Unfortunately, the cast list is yet to be revealed, however, there is still speculation about who will be our next favorite group of phantom-fighters. Some names that have been rumored include: Melissa McCarthy, Emma Stone, Kristen Wiig, Linda Cardellini and Anna Faris. The cast list will not be revealed officially until early next year. As the story progresses, more information will be posted. 

Lasell College '17Pop culture obessed nut case