Getting a New Look on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Getting a new look on a budget isn’t easy when your budget is pint sized. But in college there are shopaholics who need to get their fix regularly. Being a shopaholic myself, limiting my budget is extremely hard when I want everything. However, never fear! You can get a great new look for a low, low price. 

After extensively researching (and by that I mean shopping) I have come across three sites that are great for shoppers on a budget. 

Vinted.com is an online thrift site that you can buy or sell on. For buyers, the site is extremely user friendly with filters to use such as brand, size, price, color, and piece. With brands such as Forever21, Charlotte Russe, Wetseal, Rue21, and many more, there’s plenty to choose from, including price range. The seller sets a price and can raise or lower it at their will. You can favorite items you like, leaving them in your wish list until you choose to buy them. Many sellers are willing to model the clothing to show the fit and have multiple pictures. You can also choose to bundle items from one seller, lowering the overall cost than if you had bought the items separately. 

When shopping on this site, I found two dresses that I fell in love with. They were from the same seller and I was able to bundle them together for a total of $20, including shipping for each. Compared to in store prices, which would be between $40 and $60 for two regularly priced dresses, this is a bargain. One of the dresses even had its tags still attached! The seller and I communicated quickly and the process was painless and easy. 

However, there is still one more option left for buyers and sellers. You can choose to swap items from your own shop for another Vintee’s items as long as you both agree. It is literally out with the old and in with the new. Overall, I recommend Vinted, I had a great experience and got two dresses for the price of one.

Storenvy.com operates around the same idea as Vinted but is more professional looking with a wider range of selection. While Vinted stocked only women’s clothing, Storeenvy stocks women’s, men’s, children’s and household items on the site. Many of the items are professionally photographed.

Overall, the stock has a wide range of options in varying brands and pieces but all around the same quality and price. While I did not order from here, I have heard many good things from other’s who have ordered from this site. The one downside is that this site is not nearly as budget friendly as Vinted is. But they carry brands that demand a higher price point whether or not they have been worn before. I’m definitely looking forward to giving this site a try.

And last but not least Miss A. This site is a hidden gem for make up and jewelry addicts alike. The site stocks thousands of pieces of jewelry, make up, nail art, and hair products. The best part is that every single product on the site is a dollar. One dollar! They carry brands such as Eyes Lips Face (E.L.F) and Klean Kolor. The jewelry however remains unbranded. 

When I ordered from this site, I went a little crazy on the nail polish. I ordered about ten different colors, have tested out one and have come with good results. The E.L.F make up and tools came in great condition and were exactly what I ordered. I have a single complaint about my order and that was the earrings. I chose a big pack of rhinestone earrings and they came cheaper looking than what was shown on the site. But for $20 including shipping for everything, I’m not complaining. My things got here fast with complimentary two day express shipping. I will definitely be ordering off shopmissa.com again.

The sites in this article are:

http://www.vinted.com

http://www.storenvy.com

http://www.shopmissa.com

Caitlin is currently the Campus Correspondent for Lasell College and is anticipating graduation in 2015 from Lasell College with a B.A in communications. She is majoring in communications with a focus in journalism. When not at school she works in retail. When she isn't busy with Her Campus or school work, she enjoys archery, reading, shopping (with an addiction to shoes), and exploring as much as possible. Her favorite books include the whole Harry Potter series, any mystery/ thriller novel, and historical fiction.