element5 digital E3jZBz5lYp8 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
element5 digital E3jZBz5lYp8 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Getting Into the Holiday Spirit With Bud Light’s Ugly Sweater Seltzer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Like a lot of young women, my love of hard seltzer is borderline unreasonable.  I frequently scour the beer and wine section of the grocery store looking for new flavors of White Claw or Truly to try.  I also have a borderline unreasonable love of all things Christmas-related, so when I saw that Bud Light recently came out with hard seltzer in holiday-inspired flavors, I had to try it.

The Bud Light Ugly Sweater Seltzer is a variety pack featuring four flavors: cranberry, apple crisp, ginger snap, and peppermint pattie.  Here are my thoughts on each:

Cranberry

This flavor isn’t super evocative of Christmas to me, but it actually tastes like cranberry, not cranberry essence or hint of cranberry-like so many seltzer drinks (both alcoholic and not) tend to.  It’s tart and refreshing, and for that, the cranberry seltzer gets a solid 4 out of 5 stars from me.

Apple Crisp

I felt a little misled while drinking this one.  When you open the can, you get a nice whiff of cinnamon, but there’s very little cinnamon flavor in the drink itself.  It just tastes like an apple.  Based on Instagram posts about these seltzers, the apple crisp one seems to be everyone’s favorite, but I don’t get the hype.  I’m giving it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

Ginger snap

This was my favorite seltzer in the pack.  It tastes like a gingerbread cookie in liquid form.  It deserves 5 out of 5 stars.  I would buy a 12 pack of just the ginger snap seltzer if Bud Light made it available.

Peppermint Pattie

I absolutely love peppermint as a flavor, so I had very high expectations for this one.  It didn’t have as strong of a peppermint flavor as I hoped, but it was still really good.  It gets 4.5 out of 5 stars from me.

Overall average rating of the variety pack: 4.25 out of 5 stars

Should you buy it?  If you are of age and like holiday flavors and carbonated drinks, I’d say go for it.  There’s a nice range of flavors, and even if I didn’t love them all, I liked them enough to not toss them or let them go bad out of avoidance.

Cristina is a senior elementary education major at Lasell. She loves black labs, iced coffee, and reviewing every product that she has ever purchased.  When she's not freaking out about how many lesson plans that she has to write, she can usually be found with her nose in a historical fiction novel, listening to a true crime podcast, or taking pictures.