Getting Into Astrology From Someone Who Doubted It

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Ever since I was young, I never knew much about astrology and zodiac signs. All I knew was I’m a Gemini and people are not too fond of Geminis. When I got older and started looking into it, I realized I am the true embodiment of a Gemini. Outgoing, indecisive, impulsive, nosy, unreliable, adaptive, communicable, all the boxes are checked. I never really had an interest in astrology until I started working at Urban Outfitters. As you can probably imagine, all my coworkers are super into astrology and got me hooked.

The first thing that really got my attention was the fact that almost all of my past and present female best friends are Aries. I also have a handful of Leos that come and go in my life because we get along but also argue so much. Alright, that could just be a coincidence. But then I also realized that almost every guy I’ve had serious crushes on was Aquarius’ (hey Harry Styles). As I started to get more informed and also do the research myself, I realized that a lot of things in my life correlate to my sign and its compatibility as well as the different signs of my birth chart.

So if you’re like me and wanted to look into astrology deeper, I’d first start with getting to know the ins and outs of your own sign. Then from there, go onto one of the several websites that generate your full birth chart and look into what each of the planets represents. To complete your birth chart you will need to know what time of day you were born, where you were born, and what the date is. From there you’ll get your big three which are your ascendant sign, sun, and moon. Those three are considered the core of your personality but it doesn’t stop there. The other planets in your chart will reveal aspects such as love, career, emotions, and more. 

There is a deep, deep rabbit hole you may find yourself in when researching all of this information so the only advice I have is, have fun with it but don’t get too caught up in it!

Rose Miller

Lasell '23

lasell '23 video and radio production concentration :)