Fun and Easy Halloween Dorm Decorations

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Decorations are a great way to personalize your carbon copy of a dorm room. If you want your room to stand out and look extra spooky this Halloween, here are some ideas.

1. Customize your door

Create a fun, playful Halloween display right on your dorm door with stickers, signs, lights, and more! Follow the classic orange, black, and purple pattern or create your own spooky theme and have fun vamping (no pun intended) up your door.

2. Decorative Pillows     

Pillows and beading can add the perfect simple touch to get you in the Halloween spirit.

3. Personalized Pumpkin

Pumpkins can be purchased on a budget in a variety of sizes and can be completely customizable to whatever look or mood you are going for! Try carving or painting the pumpkins to personalize them for a cute DIY that is easy and fun.

4. LED Lights

Pick up some fun string lights to create a Halloween-themed ambiance in your room that looks great day and night.

5. DIY Garland

Head to your local craft store and pick up some string to pair with any spooky theme by simply drawing Halloween shapes in construction paper like ghosts, pumpkins, and skeletons. Lastly, hot glue them to create an easy display. Have fun with it and make it your own!

*Photo from Housetodecor on Pinterest

Lexi is a senior brand marketing student at Suffolk University with a passion for fashion, art, and photography. She is the Social Media Director and Events Coordinator for Her Campus Suffolk and the VP of PR & Recruitment of her sorority Alpha Sigma Alpha Iota Alpha.