This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, I know people are scrambling for date ideas. Obviously, anyone can do these date ideas; however being a lesbian myself, I picture going on these dates with a girl, and to be honest they are very much lesbian-coded anyway. So without further ado, here are four date ideas to do with your girl this Valentine’s Day. 

Museum Time

Whether it is an art museum or a science museum, I think this is a great place for a date. Museums can be so quiet and intimate. You can really just enjoy each other’s company and the beauty the museum has to offer. I recently got to visit the Museum of Science for the first time since I was little and it was such a good day. I forgot how big and magical this museum felt. 

Aquariums

Aquariums are so fascinating. They are also great if you have a partner who loves animals. Getting to walk around and enjoy the peaceful vibes, hand in hand with your love, sounds like a dream. Moreover, you get to spend time with a person you love AND get to see cute animals, what is better? I personally have a slight obsession with beluga whales so the thought of getting to see one on Valentine’s Day (and my birthday- yes my birthday is on Valentine’s Day) is really exciting. 

Bookstore

This one is more budget-friendly, but certainly just as special. On my first ever date, I was brought to a bookstore, and they didn’t even like reading that much, but I did. This is a fond memory for me because it showed me they cared about my interests. Little holes-in-the-wall bookstores have such cozy and romantic vibes. To up the romance, pick out a book for one another that you think the other may like. 

Movie Fort Night

Really channel your inner child for this one. Grab the pillows, and the blankets, and don’t forget the plushies and build yourself the fort of your dreams. If you and your partner are more introverted, this can be a way to spice up the regular ole movie night, but still have a special and chill Valentine’s Day. Grab some snacks and put on a movie. I personally recommend a Disney movie as you really can’t go wrong, but if you must watch a rom-com that is valid too. Moreover, this date allows for a maximum amount of cuddles. 

Overall, it really doesn’t matter what you do with your partner on Valentine’s Day, as long as you make time for each other and celebrate your relationship, it will be a good day. These are just some fun, cute, chill ideas if you and your girl are looking for something to do!

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!