This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In honor of women’s history month, and in true fashion of my articles, I decided to curate a playlist full of female empowerment. I did list these songs in a specific order to build up that bad bitch energy, but listen to it in whatever way your heart desires. 

1. CeilingsLizzy McApline

This is a slower song, which is why it is at the beginning, we have to build that momentum. This song, as mentioned in the lyrics, feels exactly like a movie. If you want to feel really empowered, grab that long flowy dress and try that TikTok trend.

1. Doing FineEliza Mclamb

This song is also a little slower, but just encompasses feminine rage. I have screamed the end of this song so many times in my car. I highly recommend doing this, because it releases some of that rage and pent up emotions. 

1. Dreams Fleetwood Mac

I know this band has some men in it, however, I included it because it is such a feel good song. I think this song also just holds a special place in my heart because my mom would listen to it all the time when I was little, and my mom is the definition of an empowering woman in my humble opinion.

1. Running Up the HillKate Bush

Whether you have loved this song for a long time or discovered it via Stranger Things, this song is so ethereal. Especially, if while listening to it you picture badass Max fighting her way out from Vecna. 

1. Too Well Reneé Rapp

To say I am obsessed with this song and all of Reneé’s music is an understatement. This is a scream-singing song that, similar to Doing Fine, releases some much needed feminine rage.

1. BrutalOlivia Rodrigo

Another scream-sing song! I told you all the order was a build up. I am starting to think maybe I should make a feminine rage playlist because there is some overlap, this song also encompasses that. This song captures what a brutal world it is to be a young woman. 

1. Wet DreamWet Leg

THIS. This just makes me feel like yes. I feel absolutely on top of the world, I am the hottest person alive. It empowers you.

1. Breakfast Dove Cameron

We eat boys for breakfast, enough said.

1. Good as HellLizzo

You can’t have a female empowerment playlist without Lizzo. I don’t make the rules, I just follow them.

1. GirlsGirl in Red

Girls. Yep. I am very very gay, so it is only right that we have a girl appreciating girls song on this playlist.

1. Good Girls Go BadLauren Sanderson

I discovered this song on TikTok, and while it is also a lesbian anthem, it is also empowering. Women are expected to be poised and “good”, but what if we don’t want to be?

1. I Did Something BadTaylor Swift

In similar fashion, and in the wise words of Taylor, “then why’d it feel so good?” 

1. ManeaterNelly Furtado

We had boys for breakfast, and for dinner we eat the men. 

1. Venom Little Simz

This was one of the first songs I thought of for this playlist, but I knew it had to be one of the last because of the power it holds. F*ck the patriarchy, we need women in power.

1. God is a WomanAriana Grande

And finally, God is a woman. Women are divine, beautiful, and empowering souls.

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!