This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Today’s artists are breaking down barriers and creating new paths to step on and inspire people. We have seen a variety of new styles, attitudes, and ways of dealing with situations. Through all of this, these women are making their mark on history now.

Renee Rapp – One of the first names that popped into my head due to her recent spotlight in the media. Like many others, she has been all over my social media. Everywhere I look I see something that is focused on her. Her personality is to die for and she is such a sweetheart. Other than a small amount of hiccups I personally have not seen much drama surrounding her.

Sabrina Carpenter– She is another one of those artists who come up on my social media every single day. Her music is fantastic, and she has such an amazing vibe that it creates such an amazing energy around her. She has been surrounded by her fair share of drama, but despite all of that she is one of the few artists who has also been a well-known actress that I can stand.

Taylor Swift – No matter how you feel about her, you have to admit that she has made her mark on this generation. She has dominated the music industry and has drawn an extreme amount of attention to football as well. Bringing in new fans to watch football, even though they may have never had an interest in it.

Olivia Rodrigo – Through her heartbreak and relatable music she has gained the attention of many teenage girls and young women all around the world. She has gained an insane amount of attention, and all worth the while. 

Jessie Murph – Someone who has also blown up over social media attention but is worth every second of it. Her music has become such a big attention grabber that she has viral songs without even releasing them yet.

These are the female artists who in my mind are creating history and making their mark on this generation and future generations.

Carley Ellis

Lasell '26

Carley is a member and events director of HerCampus, she is a forensic science major in her sophomore year at Lasell University. She is also a member of other clubs on campus such as the Forensic Science Association. In her spare time she likes to read, play video games, and pick up new hobbies such as doing her own nails.