Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

For all the Harry Potter fans out there (myself included), it has been a long seven years since the last book. And while we pined away little did we know that Warner Bros. and J.K Rowling was going to relive our fix with a new trilogy of movies based off of the textbook “Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them”.

While breaking between the fourth and fifth Potter books, Rowling wrote the 54 page textbook that the golden trio used. Now, Warner Bros. plans on making it into three “megamovies” following in the footsteps of  “The Hobbit”.

The films will follow “magizoologist” Newt Scamander on his journey to finding all of the fantastic beasts. They will be set in New York several decades ahead of the Harry Potter series. The films are not to be seen as a prequel or sequel to the Potter franchise but seen more as an extension of the Wizarding World that so many of us have so dearly missed. So hold out Potterheads, your relief is out there and will be available soon.

Caitlin is currently the Campus Correspondent for Lasell College and is anticipating graduation in 2015 from Lasell College with a B.A in communications. She is majoring in communications with a focus in journalism. When not at school she works in retail. When she isn't busy with Her Campus or school work, she enjoys archery, reading, shopping (with an addiction to shoes), and exploring as much as possible. Her favorite books include the whole Harry Potter series, any mystery/ thriller novel, and historical fiction.