This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As the seasons continue to change and the weather in the Northeast continues to get colder and colder, here are a few trendy staples for you to think about adding to your closet:

1. Open Cardigan

Cardigans are a staple for me in the winter. I honestly might have one in every color. They are super cozy and almost feel like you are wearing a blanket around. You can also dress them up or down.

2. Puffer Vest

Prep for cold weather with a puffer vest, the best layer to stay toasty all day long. Many stores have them this season and in many different colors.

3. Faux Fur Vest

This super luxe fabric is a favorite cozy texture this holiday. It’s elevated, but casual. You can wear it with jeans or layered over a dress that you transition into winter.

5. Ankle Booties

Ankle booties, a favorite fall staple. These shoes work well in the winter too, especially if they happen to be faux fur lined inside.

6. Plaid Button-Up

Plaid is the ultimate cozy essential. Especially when paired with your favorite jeans or leggings once the cold weather really starts to hit.

7. Cowl neck sweater

The low-key cousin of the turtleneck. A cowl neck sweater is the easiest way to bundle up while on our way to class,work, or just lounging.

8. Colored Denim

Keep the color coming in bold jeans. Wear your colored denim with your staple knits and blouses.

9. Puffer Coat

Even if it’s almost in the negatives, a puffer coat is the key staple to wear when it gets cold out. Have to love that New England Weather. Invest in one for the season and you’ll have it for years to come.

10. Reptile Prints

While leopard was a big trend in the fall, snakeskin continues to pick up pace. Snakeskin appears with recolored iterations, gloss coatings and abstract designs offering newness.

11. The Lightweight Roll-Neck

Layered styling brings new life into this core winter item with a wide range of color stories. The lightweight roll-neck can be styled under dresses, knitwear and shirts.

12. Fair Isle Knits

Traditional alpine-inspired knits pick up pace in line with this season’s outdoorsy styling. Offers a festive alternative to a Christmas sweater.

Whether you invest in one or all of these winter trends, consider adding a few into your wardrobe for the season!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.