Fall Trends: Red Eyeshadow

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Ah fall, a time where the trees (and our wardrobes) bring out their warm reds and burgundies. While shades of red look great in a cozy sweater or falling leaves, a new (and totally unexpected) way to rock them fall is in your eyeshadow look. Here are some celebs that are pulling off this makeup look! Maybe one of them will end up being your fall makeup inspo.

1. Dua Lipa

Dua has a history of wearing red eyeshadow, but this recent look takes the cake. On Sept. 19 the singer posted some mirror selfies on Twitter of this dramatic look with the caption “at my most extra.” I’m not sure about you but that looks definitely blew my mind.  

2. Cody Fern

American Horror Story: Apocalypse actor, and probable member of the Volturi, Cody Fern channeled his inner Michael Langdon at the FX Emmy Nominee party on Sept. 15. Eyeshadow appears to be a devilishly good look on Fern.

3.  Bella Thorne

Bella rocked a dramatic look at the Assassin Nation premiere on Sept. 12. I guess not every rose has its thorne. This look isn’t breaking hearts anytime soon.

What do you think? Will you be rockin’ the reds anytime soon?

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.