Fall Fashion for Someone Who’s Always Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Fall is a great time for fashion, but it can be a struggle if you are someone who is always cold. If this is you, then you know that dressing cute in the fall comes at a cost. You’re used to giving up warmth and comfort in the name of fashion, but you don’t have to. For your sake, and those around you who are sick of hearing how cold you are, use these tips and tricks to dressing cute when the temperature starts to drop.

1. Layers, layers, and more layers

The first rule in staying warm is to wear layers. If you’re wearing a sweater, put a tight tank top underneath as an extra layer. Keeping your torso warm is important when it comes to staying warm. Your body will focus all of its heat in the core where your internal organs are, so making sure your torso is layered is necessary.

2.   Jackets

Jackets are a given, but you don’t always have to sacrifice fashion by wearing the same jacket every day. There are so many different options: vests, peacoats, leather jackets, bomber jackets, jean jackets, the list goes on. This goes along with keeping your torso warm. One important rule to follow is to make sure you our jacket embellishes your outfit, not cover it.

3.    Jeans

Jeans and leggings are fall staples. Since most leggings don’t provide much warmth, jeans are the way to go if you’re trying to stay warm. They are easy to dress up or down, and pair well with boots.

4.   Leg Warmers

We’re throwing it back to the 80’s with this one. If you are in more of a leggings mood, a pair of leg warmers with tall boots will do wonders. Plus, they are the perfect fall accessory for a cozy look.

5.    Hats, gloves and scarves

This one may be obvious for keeping warm, but wearing these accessories make an unbelievable difference in retaining body heat. Heat escapes mostly through your head, and fingers tend to get cold easily. You can buy very cute knit beanie hats, nice quality gloves, and a scarf that complements your outfit and makes a great fall accessory.

6.    Fuzzy Socks

This is a great trick if you’re looking for a sly way to stay cozy. Keeping your feet warm will make all the difference. Since fall is the time for cute boots galore, it’s easy to put some of your comfiest fuzzy socks on underneath to keep your feet extra toasty.