Style > Fashion

Fall 2021 Necessities: Neutrals and Basics

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

When it comes to being stylish for yourself during the fall season we tend to forget about the essentials. Neutrals! As fun as other colorful clothes and statement pieces may be, they do need help with basic garments. Even when you may think you might not need it, trust me you do.

1. White booties

If you are looking from a switch to the classic black booties, another alternative would be white booties. With darker-colored outfits, a pair of white boots will help pop off the outfit. An example of that is this

1. Leather Black Outwear

Statement pieces can be found within basic colors! Materials such as leather, gives an outfit a boost in style points. With any basic or neutral colors in tops and bottoms, it can settle into a variety of outfits.

1. Beige or Off-White Bottoms

Beige pants are a great move from the summer season. If you enjoyed wearing white pants or shorts during the summer, going for beige bottoms is a path into fall wear. You can find them in forms such as straight-legged pants, baggy pants, cargo pants, or in mom jeans. The light colors help enhance the baggy or oversized look. 

1. Oversized Light Brown Coat

As most people are getting out their fall coats, puffers and vests to stay warm, the color on the outside can add to that warmness.

1. Black Loafers

Some loafers offer support and comfort for those who don’t typically like flats. With some loafers offering a thin sole, and others involving a much thicker sole, it adds adaptability in heel comfort. They also dress up a casual outfit with its own professional appearance.

1. Brown Straight Pants

Over the past years, different tones of browns have been gradually casting themselves with the aesthetics of neutrals. Bourbon brown pants especially have added the same warm feeling as apple cider donuts to fall looks. With its straight form, it can be dressed up or dressed down. With its adjustability, it’s an excellent inclusion to your fall wardrobe.

Jade Diaz

Lasell '23

Jade is a Senior at Lasell, majoring in Fashion Merchandising and Management. She adores figurative art, and enjoys being creative in any way possible. She is sneaker- obsessed and loves the world of fashion. One fun fact is that her dog Finn, is named after a Star Wars character named FN-2187.