Gossip Girl screencap
Gossip Girl screencap
Warner Bros. Television

Explaining “Deuxmoi” – the Gossip Girl of the Instagram Generation.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As you (hopefully) have learned by now, not everything that is posted on the internet is true. Several “blinds” have proven to be sent in by trolls trying to make a celebrity they don’t like look bad. As well as this, you can’t determine someone’s entire character based on reading about one sole bad encounter at a Starbucks seven years ago.

While there may be a new Gossip Girl reboot on HBOMAX, the real new Gossip Girl goes by the Instagram handle of “Deuxmoi” (French for To Me). Deuxmoi, which started and blew up during pandemic boredom, serves as a gossip forum where people send blind items and celebrity sightings. Every Monday on Instagram stories, they post pop culture tell-alls that are sent in by anonymous sources. While none of the information has been verified, it serves as a fun guessing game of who the “American singer” or “A list foreign born musician” is that’s going on tour or getting divorced. Every Sunday, they post “SPOTTED”, which details where celebrities have been the past week, with once again the general public serving as paparazzi. While this may serve as a privacy issue, where else can you find out where Harry Styles gets ice cream?

However, Deuxmoi has proven to be quite reliable at times, releasing stories before they are made public to the general public. Both Olivia Wilde and Harry Styles dating and Kim Kardashian and Kanye West divorcing were talked about on the Instagram stories of Deuxmoi before it hit mainstream news. In more serious news, the sexual assault allegations against Armie Hammer first drew major platform attention because of blind items on Deuxmoi where his name was not concealed. Deuxmoi serves as a great tool to get the inside scoop on the personal lives of celebrities and also remain ahead of the curve in pop culture. For example, when my at-home group chat was blowing up with the news of Rihanna’s pregnancy, my friend Reilly and I weren’t as shocked as everyone else was – because we had read about it on Deuxmoi months ago.

Millie Rose

Lasell '24

Millie is a Sophomore at Lasell, where she majors in Fashion Media and Marketing. She is both British and an identical twin, so she's basically Annie from The Parent Trap. Her biggest accomplishment is being one of the top 0.01% of Taylor Swift listeners on Spotify.