body images 2019 07 03 IMG 3819jpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
body images 2019 07 03 IMG 3819jpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style

Essential Shoes for Streetwear Enthusiasts

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Shoes are an essential part of everyday life. No matter where you go, you need a solid pair to support you. Although pumps or even kitten heels can be fun to wear, they aren’t practical for walking around. I have assembled a list of the shoes I find are the best for everyday wear, especially for those with streetwear style. As you read, I encourage you to search up each name to get an idea of what it looks like.

1. Adidas Ultraboost in “Triple White”: This shoe is good for running with added comfort, but it is also a basic color so it can be paired with sweatpants as an outfit.

2. Air Jordan 4 Retro in “Taupe Haze”: Jordan 4’s are a shoe with an interesting silhouette, so coupling them with a basic colorway is the way to go. “Taupe Haze” is a brownish-grey suede with black and white accents. The neutral colors are easy to pair with brown, black, or white outfits. 

3. Jordan 1 Retro High OG in “Guava Ice”: Jordan 1’s are a basic shoe that everyone, no matter their style, should have in their wardrobe. These shoes have a pink and cream colorway that is still basic enough to be coupled with outfits in any warm color.

4. Air Max 97 in “Triple Black”: Air Max 97’s have an athletic yet clean look that makes them a good streetwear staple. The all-black shoe provides support both for your feet and for your closet.

5. Yeezy Boost 350 V2 in “Ash Pearl”: Yeezy is an exceptional brand for streetwear and cutting-edge styles. This colorway has accents of pink, giving it a more feminine touch while still being a neutral palette.

6. Vans Old Skool in “Black Checkerboard”: A classic street style brand and a classic style. These Vans are a solid basis to add to any closet, while the pattern makes them fascinating to look at.

Anna is from Maine and is studying fashion at Lasell.