etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Empowering Woman Series: More Than Just a Shop Teacher, Sherie Goldstein

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

In light of International Women’s Day on March 8th, Her Campus Lasell found it necessary to highlight the woman that have impacted our lives or who we see making a difference for their community for this week (and every day).  In this Empowering Woman Series, we have chose to interview students, friends, family, and professors about what they do and what it’s like being bada** empowering woman. 

Sherie Goldstein was born in Long Island, New York, but moved to Connecticut after she was married. Growing up she considered her father as a role model, who taught at a local technical high school. He always loved teaching and encouraged her to pursue a degree in teaching. She attended SUNY Cortland for her undergraduate degree and received a degree in Health Education. She spent her senior year studying abroad in London England.

After college, she worked in the business technology field for 20 years. During her many experiences as a project manager, she had the opportunity to consult at many companies throughout the United States with Digital Equipment Corporation. She went back to school after spending a few years working in the business for her MBA at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield CT, then later went back to get an administrative certificate at Sacred Heart.

Goldstein currently works at Eli Whitney Technical High School, in Hamden CT, where she is the MME shop (Marketing, Management, and Entrepreneurship) teacher and department head. She has taught at Eli Whitney for the past 7 years, but taught at other school’s previously for many years. When asked, she said that her favorite thing about teaching is having successful students, she enjoys seeing their growth as the graduate out of the program.

Mrs. Sherie Goldstein has influenced many student’s lives during high school. She was always there for her students and encouraged them to pursue their dreams. Many students attribute their success to her support as their teacher during their years at Eli Whitney.

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.