Looking for easy and “heathlyish” breakfast ideas because breakfast is the most important meal of the day? Look no further! We say “healthyish” because the author of the article is not a health expert, doctor, or nutritionist. What is considered healthy can vary from person to person?
1. Banana and PB Smoothie
There are so many different smoothies recipes to make, but a favorite is a banana and peanut butter. This recipe can be adaptable to dietary needs, but here it is:
- 1 cup of whole milk or almond milk
- 1 whole banana
- 2 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon of chia seeds (improves digestive health, blood levels, and has many essential minerals and antioxidants.)
- 1 tablespoon of flax seeds (improves digestive health, lowers blood pressure, and bad cholesterol.)
- 3 ice cubes
2. Oatmeal With Fruit
Some may think oatmeal is boring, but it can be more fun and more nutrish with added fruit! Some personal favorites: raspberries, blackberries, or blueberries! Adding a bit of honey is also a great touch!
3. Breakfast Sandwich
There are so many variations, but a recent favorite has been an English muffin with an over-easy egg, a little bit of cheese, and meatless maple sausage. Obviously, this can be changed to a real sausage, but I personally do not eat meat.
4. Scrambled Egg Burrito
Make one to two scrambled eggs, option add a handful of spinach to the pan as well. Heat the tortilla in the pan as well and then put the scrambled eggs in the tortilla and add any spices or hot sauce that is preferred.
5. Blueberry Pancakes
This one is the most time consuming, but here is a recent favorite blueberry pancake recipe:
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 large eggs, whisked
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
- 1 cup of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Butter or cooking spray for griddle or pan
Tip: use ¼-⅓ cup for pouring out batter onto the griddle.
Makes about 10 pancakes.
Hope you enjoyed these easy and healthy breakfast recipes! Stay tuned for more recipes from Emalee.