Drake V. Cudi Feud

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Recent Twitter drama in the hip-hop field is between Drake and Kid Cudi, similar to the fight Drake and Meek Mill had last year. In a publicized fight on all social media platforms, Meek accused Drake of hiring ghostwriters to write his verses. When Kid Cudi tweeted out about the same allegations in September, Drake fought back at the accusations by slamming Cudi for his mental health.

Cudi wrote on Facebook last week about his current mental health state and how he has been fighting with himself for a while.

“I am not at peace. I haven’t been since you’ve known me. If I didn’t come here, I would’ve done something to myself,” Cudi wrote. “I simply am a damaged human, swimming in a pool of emotions everyday of my life. There’s a ragin’ violent storm inside of my heart at all times. Idk what peace feels like. Idk how to relax.”

While Cudi is recovering in a mental health treatment center, Drake took this issue and used it in his new song. In it, he states: “You were the man on the moon/ Now you just go through your phases/ Life of the angry and famous/ Rap like I know I’m the greatest.” Most fans have taken Cudi’s side, stating that Drake’s comeback was “cheap” and “harsh.”

Cudi did respond to Drake on Twitter after hearing the verse.

This did not stop his treatment or interfere with his recovery. In one of his recent tweets to fans, he assured them he is getting better and he has been blessed for having such understandable fans.

“The love has been unfathomable. I look forward to hearing, breathing and feeling it all at ComplexCon Nov 5th. Love and back to rehab,” he wrote.

Twitter photos taken from ForTheWin.

*Thumbnail

Avalon is a freshman Communicatons major with a focus in Journalism/Media Writing at Lasell. As a brand new member of Her Campus she is excited to explore all new and different forms of writing while also expanding her writing skills. Avalon is also one of the DJ's for Lasell's radio, her show is on Mondays-Thursdays from 8pm to 9pm. In her free time she enjoys reading, writing, editing photos, listening to music and watching many movies.