The DJ Who Groped Taylor Swift Has a New Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

As most people know by now, way back in 2013, up-and-coming country star Taylor Swift posed with then-DJ David Mueller for a photo, where his hand can be seen in a very suspicious position behind her back. We learned back in 2017 that he was actually lifting up her skirt and groping her, as Swift testified in court when suing Mueller for sexual assault and misconduct, and the judge agreed.

Years later, after being honored as one of Time’s Person of The Year with other “Silence Breakers” in 2017, we now learn that Swift’s assailant has been hired by a Mississippi radio station after immediately being fired from his previous position shortly after the incidence with Swift. Mueller now hosts a radio show on the station under the name “Jackson”, and we are told the producer that hired him believes his side of the story.

Not only does the fact that Mueller is operating under a different name show that he knows his reputation is ruined, as it should be, but it causes us to question the integrity of the radio station that hired him. This is especially pertinent with the rise of the #MeToo movement and the protests being made against people like Mueller. Whether or not further action can or will be made by Swift in the wake of this news is unsure, but there is no doubt that this battle isn’t over.

A court sketch of Swift testifying against Mueller in 2017