This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Welcome to HC Lasell member’s day in our lives! We are all going to be taking readers through what a day in our life looks like as busy college students. Our President Emalee is going to take you through what it is like being a full-time student, part-time intern, part-time retail worker, and the president of two clubs on campus! 

This is what a typical Tuesday looks like for her:

About 9:00 am. : Get up out of bed and doing morning skincare. Make breakfast and coffee. A typical breakfast is a smoothie, breakfast sandwich, or breakfast burrito. For coffee, use a milk frother to make at home lattes! Next, watching a little TV and enjoy a slow morning. Do some chores like emptying the dishwasher. Also, I either taking my dog out for a short walk or give her hugs and scratches. 

About 10:00 am: Put on a cute, but casual outfit for Zoom class and Google meetings. Post on Her Campus Lasell’s social media and prepare for the day. Write out to-do’s for the day and maybe do a little homework.

11:00-12:15: attend Zoom class, on this day the only class I have Zoom for, is COM314: Magazine and Digital Content Writing. 

12:15-12:30: Make a quick lunch and check on my dog again. Based on hunger level, sometimes just have snacks and make sure to be drinking lots of water! 

12:30-5: Intern for Her Campus as a campus community management intern! This involves a lot of different aspects, but some are tracking what each chapter of Her Campus did in the past week for their incentive points and putting them into a spreadsheet. This includes a number of posts on social media, events, meetings, etc. I also make Instagram posts for @hercampuschapternetwork where we feature members and articles, go check it out! I also help new chapters of Her Campus launch at different schools by reading their first week’s articles. I help with the expansion of reaching out to schools that do not have a chapter and see if they would want to start one! On a monthly basis, we also do Google Analytics tracking. I get to join weekly meetings with the amazing team, help brainstorm, and help run special challenges like the March Madness tournament. I have learned so many great tools, platforms, and skills from this internship and definitely recommend trying to get a Her Campus internship. Everyone is so nice and creative! 

5:00-6:00 PM: At-home workout and taking a breather for a second. Sometimes I make dinner, but my mom is so kind to usually make me dinner. :) 

6:30-8:00 PM: Homework and applying to jobs, hoping to get a full-time job by May!

8:00 PM: On Tuesday nights I lead the Newman Society. We have a weekly Zoom meeting where we discuss faith, scripture readings, and spiritual health! We are all super friendly, so it is also a great time to de-stress and talk about how our weeks are going. 

9:00 PM: If I am done homework it is time to fun read or watch TV. I am currently reading A Tree Grows In Brooklyn. A go-to TV show is, of course, The Office. I also might write my HC article during this time and drink some tea! 

About 10:30: Shower and nighttime skin routine time! After that, I continue reading, listen to music, watch a YouTube video, and just unwind for the night.

That is a day in my life!

Emalee is a Senior at Lasell University and the President of Her Campus Lasell. She is currently a Campus Community Management Intern for Her Campus! She is a Fashion Merchandising and Management major and a Communications minor. Besides Her Campus, she is the President of Newman Society, loves taking photos, going for hikes, and going to the beach.