Style > Beauty

Cruelty-Free Drugstore Makeup Faves: Face and Cheeks

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I remember when it seemed impossible to buy cruelty-free products ate the drugstore, now there are endless options. With back to school here, it’s time to pick up some new makeup for your stockpile. All these products are lazy girl approved and give the most pack for the small budget. You can slap all these products in a matter of minutes and have a flawless face. If there has been any time to switch over to cruelty-free brands, it’s now. 

Covergirl Clean Matte BB Cream– $9.99

Covergirl has recently transitioned to cruelty-free and like everyone else I can’t help but be excited. This BB cream is the best product for light to medium coverage, with a flawless finish. You can quickly blend this out with a brush or a sponge. It is one of the best drugstore face products for only $9.99.

Wet N Wild Photo Focus Dewy Foundation– $6.49

If you are looking for a cheap foundation that looks natural this will be your few favorite. This coverage is very buildable, but as most foundations the more full coverage it is the more noticeable the makeup is. You will need o shade match for this formula because it does oxidize. If you are not a fan of a dewy finish check out their matte formula

Elf Hydrating Camo Concealer– $6.00

Do I even need to say anything? This product quickly became a cult favorite in the beauty community with everyone swearing on it. This product is great for covering up stress acne to covering up eye bags from late-night studying. The consistency of this product is creamy and leaves a beautiful natural finish, just avoid powdering too much over it.

ColourPop Matte Full-Coverage Concealer– $7

While this product is not in the drugstore, it is drugstore priced and easy to access across the globe. This concealer seems to melt into the skin, making it look like I am not wearing anything. The formula is not drying and this is one of my all-time favorite concealers. This is one of those few rare drugstore full coverage concealers. 

Wet N Wild Makeup Sticks Contour– $4.49

This is my favorite cream bronzer I have ever tried. The formula is so creamy and it blends well with the skin. You don’t even need to use a sponge for this product, you can use your fingers or a brush. You can even use this as a cream eyeshadow in a pinch.  Everyone needs to try this out at such a low price. The only con is that they lack shades for dark skin tones.

Wet N Wild Contour Palette-$5.99

Wet N Wild has done it anything, this formula is creamy despite being a powder compact. You don’t need a huge contour palette, you only need these two shades. I have hit the pan of this product twice. Just be careful of the fallout and use a light hand when picking out the product.

Milani Rose Powder Blush– $9.49

These blushes give such a slight flush to the face and are very natural on any skin tone. The selection of blush-colored is so beautiful, there is a shade for everyone. I find on my skin tone they look like a natural blush of color and I enjoy that they are not super pigmented. This is a more dry product so be careful not to use to much powder and be aware of how you store it. 

Elf Primer Infused Blush-$6.00

Blush is something I have always had a hard time applying. But this powder blush is not drying compared to similar products. Be careful when applying these blushes because they are very pigmented and alittle goes a very long way. This blush will work for even the biggest skin tones.

Wet N Wild MegaGlo Highlighting powder-5.99

If you are a fan of strong highlights, you will enjoy this product. It is very pigmented and leaves an almost metallic finish to the skin. If you want a light glow then go in lightly with a fluffy brush. This highlighter does have chunks of glitter in it, so be careful how you use the product. 

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.