Covid Safe Virtual Dates For You and Your S/O

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Valentine’s day is right around the corner and if you are like most people- you’re probably panicking to find a covid safe Valentine date for you and your significant other. Covid-19 has really shaken up the dating world with many couples separated because they live in separate households. Despite, the number of people who are okay with not distanced dating; it is much safer for everyone involved to think about a virtual date night. 

1. Dinner Date: A dinner date is the most classic type of date that most people go on for Valentine’s Day. You can still have a dinner date by dressing up and ordering food for taking out at the same restaurant. To elevate the experience go for a more luxurious restaurant usually saved for special occasions, light some candles, and get into the mood. 
  2. Movie Night: We have probably all had a virtual movie night by now but it is still a good Valentine date idea. Choice a newer movie like Wonder Woman 1984 or a valentine’s classic like The Notebook to share a moment with your S/O. The best part is that you don’t have the leave the comfort of your house and can put on your coziest PJs. 
  3. Game Night: Game night is often underutilized but is a great way to have some fun online. You can download apps to play a party of board and card games and many of them are free. While you play the game you can face time each other and it’s almost like your S/O is there. 
  4. Virtual Classes: Paint and cooking classes have now become virtual and this can be a great way to learn something new with your S/O. It is a great way to engage each other in something that isn’t your traditional date. All you need to do is buy your supplies and enjoy painting/cooking away. 

Hope you have a safe Valentine’s Day!

Ariana is the Editor In Chief for Her Campus Lasell. She is a senior at Lasell double majoring in Business Management and Marketing. When she's not editing for HC Lasell, she's binge-watching Netflix or buried in a good book.