Culture > News

Covid Rules For Our Favorite Boston Attractions

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Since we are so close to Boston, we want to be able to visit the city and get the true experience we have been getting for the past few years. However, to be able to do this now, we need to do it correctly and safely. Many places in Boston have great rules put in place, that allow us to travel into the city and have a great time. Here are some of our favorite Boston attractions and the new rules we have to follow to be able to visit them.

1. The T

The T is the easiest way to get into Boston, but how do we ride safely with many others riding with us as well? The MBTA has now placed hand sanitizer dispensers at the various stations across Boston so that we feel safer while riding. The T handrails are also sanitized every four hours, to make sure that passengers are able to stay as healthy as possible. The train itself is cleaned once a day, and busses are cleaned multiple times per day. It is also required that riders must wear their mask for the entire duration of their ride. 

2. Fenway Park 

One of the coolest things to do while in Boston is to go to Fenway and go on a tour of the park. However, this year’s tours are looking a little different. The park is not opening for in-person tours until November, but virtual tours that last forty minutes are still offered until then. Once the park is open for guests to attend in-person tours, the tours will last forty-five minutes, and guests will be required to wear a mask at all times. The tours must be scheduled online, prior to coming to the tour, and a screening questionnaire will be provided upon arrival. 

3. Faneuil Hall 

This is one of our favorite places for food, shopping, and simply walking around. Faneuil Hall is now reopened, asking guests to take their food-to-go, instead of sitting and eating. Due to COVID, some of their restaurants have shut down, but the majority of their attractions are still opened. Guests are asked to wear a mask to reduce the spread. 

4. New England Aquarium 

New England Aquarium is one of the best places to view our favorite sea animals up close. They have implemented a few rules and regulations to be able to visit the animals safely. There is now a one-way path system. This allows the venue to be controlled and so that people are following social distancing guidelines. Masks are required to keep us safe, and they have also closed the interactive displays to reduce the spread. Tickets are able to be purchased online, and when this is done, guests choose a time slot to enter the aquarium. There is also touch-free entry and a large amount of hand sanitizer dispensers. 

Although these rules may seem very strict, they are here to keep us safe. These attractions are doing a great job implementing rules and regulations to keep everyone healthy so that they can continue to remain open for everyone to enjoy.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)