Couples Who Married in Secret

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Ryan Gosling is officially off the market. Gosling and his girlfriend, Eva Mendes, reportedly tied the knot in a secret ceremony earlier in the year.   

Did your heart just break? Some may say yes.

Secret ceremonies are a popular way celebrities tie the knot. Some want their special day out of the public eye, which is okay. Here are other couples who also got married secretly:

Dax Shepard and Kristen Bell

Shepard and Bell married almost three years ago at the Beverly Hills Courthouse. While no family or friends were there, the two said their vows in front of a judge. Shepard wore a tuxedo and Bell wore a simple black outfit with a statement necklace. The couple now have two children together.

Jennifer Aniston and Justin Theroux

Aniston and Theroux, an actor, director, and screenwriter, threw a surprise wedding party at their Bel-Air home. The guest list included Lisa Kudrow, John Krasinski, Ellen Degeneres, and Emily Blunt. All guests were invited thinking it was a surprise party for Theroux, and they were definitely shocked.

Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher

While the two confirmed they wed in July 2015, they have yet to share any details about their ceremony. The two met in 1998 on the set of That 70’s Show when Kunis was 14 and Kutcher was 20. Kunis and Kutcher started dating in 2012, and have a daughter together and another child on the way.

Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden

These two unsuspecting lovebirds tied the knot in 2015. Although it was a small wedding, it was still as glamorous as any other wedding. Drew Barrymore and Nicole Richie were bridesmaids, and guests included Gwyneth Paltrow, Toni Collette, and Judd Apatow. Ryan Adams provided musical entertainment with an appearance by Lionel Ritchie.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie

Sigh. This wonderful power couple sadly filed for divorce, but they wed in 2014 at a chateau in France. The couple have been together for about 10 years, but stated they would not get married until it was legal for everyone in the United States. Not much is known about the wedding besides that their six children were included in the wedding party.

Beyonce and Jay-Z

Beyonce and Jay-Z are known to have a very private relationship, but the couple have been together for years and anyone can see the love they have for each other. In 2008, the music superstars got married at a private ceremony at Jay-Z’s apartment in New York City. The two have a daughter together.

Kyle Mahoney

Lasell '18

Kyle Mahoney is a recent Lasell College graduate. Kyle majored in Communications with a concentration in Public Relations, with a minor in Business. Kyle has written for Her Campus Lasell for three years, as well with completing an internship with HCHQ Spring semester of 2018.