College Fashion Week Boston 2015

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

College Fashion Week came and went and we’re already looking forward to next year! HC members and fashionistas from all over the Boston area came together Saturday night to enjoy a fun filled night of fashion, activities, and live music! The line for the event, held at Space 57 at the Revere Hotel, went all the way down Charles Street. Swag bags were given to the first 400 attendees and they held all kinds of great goodies like Milani Cosmetics lip-gloss and eyeshadows, a People Style Watch magazine, Skinny Pop, and more.

The event had some really great sponsors with stations set up when you first walked in. On my left was Monthly Gift, a monthly subscription service that delivers a cute little package of the items you need most when it’s that time of the month! Next to that Simon Malls had the “Accessorize Yourself”  photo booth set up with all kinds of fun props and accessories from retailers. European Wax Center hosted a “Browfection Bar” and Jamberry hosted a DIY Nail Art Bar (a set of Jamberry Nail Wraps was included in the swag bag!), so there were plenty of opportunities to get glam before show time. Shake Shack handed out cups of their delicious custard and Essentia Water kept all the guests hydrated.

Performances began around 7:30 when Boston University’s all-male A Capella group the Dear Abbeys took to the stage. They were super entertaining to watch, singing popular songs like “Rocket” by Beyonce and “I’m Not the Only One” by Sam Smith. The extremely fierce up-and-coming R&B singer Teenear pumped up the attendees when she performed her new single “Friday Night,” backed up by some incredibly talented back-up dancers.

Finally it was time for the show! Four trends were showcased on the runway, the first being the free spirited style of the 70’s! Models rocked bell-bottom jeans, suede vests, and tons of fringe. Modern Punk was another trend, featuring leather, animal prints, and studs. This look was all about the statement pieces as punk got a chic twist. The last two trends were Feminine Minimalist: an ode to pops of blush pinks and frilly detailing, and Menswear: proving that women can rock a structured suit just as well, if not better, than any guy out there! All of the models were untrained students chosen from an Instagram contest hosted by Her Campus. Hair was braided into pretty fishtails, milk maids, and dutch braids, accompanied by loose beach waves. Brows were bold while the rest of their makeup was a simple look for day or night.

The night ended with my friend Kristina and I ordering takeout from Legal Seafood and eating it on the train ride home, tired and hungry from standing for so long! The event was so fun to attend and I can’t wait to try the contents of the swag bag. Here’s hoping next year is even better!