The Collab You Didn’t Know You Needed in Your Life: Calvin Klein x Andy Warhol

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Calvin Klein for the longest time has struck me as a brand that only really appeals to older women with their outdated purses and business-like clothing. However, when celebrities started to wear their logo bralettes and underwear, suddenly, CK became the brand of millennials with everyone owning at least one matching set. Recently, the brand has become better about figuring out who their targeted market is and their clothing reflects more to millennials than ever before.  Introducing their new collaboration with the Andy Warhol Foundation for the Visual Arts is no exception to appealing to their new target audience.

The collection features some of Warhol’s most iconic pieces and places them as screen prints on both men and women’s ready-to-wear, denim, bandanas, and accessories.  Don’t get too excited though, this collab comes at a price with prices ranging from their least expensive bandanas at $140 to their most expensive purses at $3,160.

Wondering about their iconic bralettes and underwear and still don’t want to break the bank? You’re in luck! The separate capsule titled “Andy Warhol Kiss” features 14 items of different fit underwear (for men and women), bralettes, and a few different styles of unisex shirts.  The minimal, black and white design has the option to choose one of two kiss scenes from Warhol’s project.  Prices for this range from $32 to $45.

The brand was super excited when the collaboration had been released.  “I’ve come to realize that Warhol’s genius goes much deeper than cheerful Campbell’s Soup paintings,” Raf Simons told WWD in a statement. “He captured all sides of the American experience, including sometimes it’s darker sides. Warhol’s art tells more truths about his country than you can find almost anywhere else.”

It’s unknown how long these collections will be available, so make sure you grab them while you get the chance!

*Photos from Calvinklein.us

Madison Paloski is a senior at Lasell University studying fashion communication and promotion and graphic design.  She is currently the Editor in Chief of her school's chapter of Her Campus, an editorial stylist for POLISHED Magazine and Founder and Creative Director of the Fashion Styling and Photography Club on her campus.  She can most likely be found with an old film camera in hand, eating Chipotle, or at any local Saver's.  Her Instagram can be found at @maddiiiooyx and other work can be found at madisonpaloski.wixsite.com/portfolio.