Coffee Break with Gaby: Adriana’s Cafe

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

There’s no better relationship than a girl and her go-to coffee joint. It’s THE place to sit back, relax, get in the zone and get some homework done, or just grab a quick bite to eat. 

Haven’t found your perfect dreamy coffee date spot yet? We got you covered.  Introducing Coffee Break with Gaby, where our writer dives deep into the coffee scene and pinpoints the best shops for your next caffeine fix.

Adriana’s Pastry and Cafe in Winthrop, Massachusetts is a cafe that overlooks the Boston skyline. Their menu consists of basic breakfast pastries, sweet treats, coffee, smoothies, and more. Everything is made fresh right in the cafe. The cafe has a very relaxed vibe and is a great place to relax, catch up with friends, or get work done. The staff is very friendly which is another factor that enhances the experience. Adriana’s is family-friendly and pet-friendly. They have treats for everyone, even your furry friend. They leave water bowls outside for pets, especially on hot days.

The beautiful views of Boston are one of my favorite reasons to visit Adriana’s. Nothing beats sitting by the large window that overlooks the boats and the harbor with a pastry and a cup of iced coffee. It’s always a topic of conversation when I’m with my sister or friends, no matter the time of year. The views are amazing and really add to the experience.

I find it very easy to get work done here. The design of the cafe is modern and simplistic. There is nothing flashy donning the walls. All you see is a wall of hanging succulents and some simple art. Another reason I love it is because of the simple design. I love sitting there on an afternoon during the summer and getting work done. The cafe is always quiet and not packed, which makes it easier to get work done. Not only that, but the overall vibe of the place is relaxing.

Gabriela Giubilo is a senior at Lasell College. She is majoring in Event Management with a minor in Psychology. She loves to read, watch tv, spend lots of time on Tumblr, and hang out with friends in family. She just completed a semester abroad in Queensland, Australia. Her goal is to work as an event designer and move to LA.