This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If you haven’t already heard, you are about to know. This week, November 7th-13th celebrates kindness around the world. Kindness is important to share because it can make someone’s day, you never know what someone may be going through. This week often involves committing specific acts of ‘kindness’ including but not limited to:

• Donations
  • Volunteering
  • Compliments
  • And even small things like holding open a door for someone or offering to walk someone across the street are small acts to do.

There’s absolutely no pressure to partake in World Kindness Week, especially if you’re a socially anxious person.

Some benefits from both being kind to people and receiving kindness are as follows:

• Increases energy
  • Lengthens your lifespan
  • Produces more serotonin
  • Relieves pain and stress
  • Decreases depression and anxiety
  • Lowers blood pressure

Overall – kindness is pleasurable on both ends, with the addition of happiness.

If my audience is anything like me, I like to have checklists or a goal/due date for doing things. So, I compiled a list of objectives to complete that include kindness in your everyday life. 

• DAY 1: Compliment someone (clothing, jewelry, hair, unique features, etc.)
  • DAY 2: Hold a door open for someone
  • DAY 3: Engage in some generosity (offer food, money, etc.)
  • DAY 4: Express gratitude for someone (could be a cute note or message)
  • DAY 5: Donate!!! (old clothes, toys, food, etc.)
  • DAY 6: Leave anonymous positive notes around (most readers are in college so it could be your dorm neighbors and classrooms).
  • DAY 7: Help someone (could be anything! Ex. someone dropped something and you pick it up for them).

(Obviously, you don’t need to do these in that exact order, they’re just some simple ideas for this week).

She/they LGBTQ+ Lasell '26 Graphic Design Major