burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
burgess milner OYYE4g I5ZQ unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Campus Celebrity: Shane MacNeill

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Our Campus Celebrity of the week is Shane MacNeill of Dennisport, MA. Shane is a junior here at Lasell majoring in International Business with the hopes of double majoring in Marketing if all goes as planned. If you didn’t see him around campus last semester, it was because he was studying abroad in Lugano, Switzerland. On his time abroad, Shane said, “Studying abroad was amazing. I learned a lot about myself, traveled to places I never dreamed of, and met people who will never be forgotten.” Shane doesn’t plan on stopping at Switzerland though, he wants to someday travel the world.

In his free time, Shane enjoys watching movies and exploring the place he calls home, Cape Cod. The Cape is a huge factor in Shane’s life; not only is it his home but it’s home to his clothing company Cape Fifteen. Shane and his best friend Kyle started Cape Fifteen together his senior year of high school with the intent of giving back to the 15 towns on the Cape that they have grown up exploring. Shane and Kyle started off by embroidering the logo they designed onto t-shirts and hats with the help of a local company, and to their surprise the small batches of apparel they made sold out every time. Kyle was caddying at the golf club he works at when he met Cape residents Mike and Dave, who became the company’s first two investors. Today, the name Cape Fifteen and the logo that they designed is trademarked: they produce t-shirts, hats, sweatshirts and more with a manufacturer that allows them full customization of the apparel. This summer you can find Cape Fifteen gear in stores around the Cape. Shane and Kyle’s main focus is giving back to the Cape Cod communities and preserving the land that they call home. You can check out Cape Fifteen apparel on their website, and like or follow them on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram @CapeFifteen!