Campus Celebrity: Mallorie Smith

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

This week’s BEAUTIFUL campus celebrity is the one and only Mallorie Smith. You might see Mallorie running around campus to get to one of the many campus activities and clubs she participates in, or you might know her from her time as an orientation leader. Either way, you can’t help but be inspired by Mallorie’s kindness, passion, and light-hearted approach to life.

Mallorie is an Early Childhood education major from Pittsfield, MA, who is very passionate about teaching our younger generation. She currently works at the Rockwell preschool on campus, and is a student teacher at a nearby elementary school. However, Mallorie is involved in so much more than just her major! She is also an active member of SGA, a former orientation leader, a current orientation coordinator, a future peer mentor, and a participant in Tomorrow’s Teachers. In each of these positions, she brings her passion and enthusiasm.

As an orientation leader, Mallorie helped all freshman students to feel welcome and excited about their transition into Lasell College. She cites her decision to apply as one of the best decisions she has ever made. She said her favorite part of this position is watching the new students and her fellow OL’s grow and succeed.  In fact, she found meeting new students and helping them transition into college so rewarding, and that she has decided to become an OC.

As an orientation coordinator, she was hired in October, and then has been planning what the summer and fall programs will look like for our incoming class of 2020. She was also involved with the hiring process during this year’s selected orientation leaders. As an OC she is an extremely important point person for all the OLs and also new students and their families. Mallorie will without doubt do an amazing job making all new students and orientation feel welcome and inspired in this position, since she always spreads her warmth and positivity everywhere she goes!

Mallorie is also dedicated to improving Lasell, and making every student’s experience even better. She is an active member of SGA, where she enjoys being a part of a  group of students with a voice among our community and who are able to truly make a difference on our campus.She truly loves Lasell, saying that, “one of my favorite things about Lasell is the numerous opportunities that I am given as a student. The faculty and staff at Lasell are extremely knowledgeable in their fields and are always there to lend a hand when you need something. Also, the people at Lasell are kind and welcoming which make things a lot easier, as well as helpful.”

As well as being extremely involved on campus, Mallorie is a fun person who brings joy and laughter into any room she enters. She loves camping and hiking, volunteering with kids, and spending time with her family, and petting every dog that she sees. She also loves the country superstar and powerful woman Carrie Underwood, and is inspired by her moving lyrics, “sometimes that mountain you’ve been climbing is just a grain of sand.” Mallorie is truly a representation of Carrie’s positive attitude, hard work, and devotion to bringing up the people around her. Mallorie is also single and ready to mingle, so if anyone wants to take her out, remember that her favorite food is spaghetti, her favorite movie is Saving Private Ryan, and her favorite flavor of Ben & Jerry’s ice cream is Americone Dream! (Dream date anyone?)

This beautiful, passionate, inspiring woman is a great asset to Lasell College, who truly makes everyone around her feel like the best version of themselves. Her dedication to her activities on campus make her our celeb, but her positivity and grace make her the type of person that makes us love Lasell so much.

Freshman at Lasell College. Interested in fashion, feminism, and fearlessly pursuing my dreams.