The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Sunscreen/Base

Starting off with good sunscreen should be the start of any good makeup routine and the end of any good skincare routine. Making an appearance once again is the Suntouchable Whoa Glow sunscreen from e.l.f.. Not only am I getting some SPF, but it provides some light dewy coverage which I adore. ($14)

Primer

E.l.f primers are my go-to. I’ve tried a lot of drugstore primers and I will always come back to my try and true. I personally have a lot of redness on my face so the blemish control primer is my go-to, but their other primers are just as good, all up to you and your skin type! ($9.72)

Concealer 

As for concealers, I have two recommendations; I don’t use foundation, a sensory thing. So, I have a lighter coverage concealer which is the NYX Can’t Stop Won’t Stop concealer. This is great if you just need a little brighten up under the eyes or some dark spots you wanna cover. For a heavier concealer, the NYX Bare with Me concealer serum is great. This is for more acne coverage. ($9.47) ($10.99)

Powder

I swear this isn’t sponsored, NYX just does it best. To set either of those concealers and for a little more coverage the NYX Stay Matte but not Flat powder foundation is my go-to. ($13.49)

Blush and Bronzer

I won’t lie, I don’t use bronzer that much, but my favorite blush ever comes in a duo. With that said, I have also tested the bronzer in this duo and it is quite nice, just not a daily makeup step I personally use. The Pacifica Blush and Bronzer Duos are a chef’s kiss. I have tried a lot, and I mean A LOT of blushes and nothing beats Pacifica, especially this duo in the shade desert sunset. ($14)

Highlight

Now for everyone’s favorite, highlighter. I got this particular product in an IPSY way back when and I will be repurchasing when it finally runs out. I promise you won’t find a better glow than the Wander Beauty Highlight in the shade After Hours, absolutely stunning. ($13)

Eye Time!

I am going to group my 4 favorite eye products all under one category. E.l.f and NYX, I love y’all. I don’t use eyeshadow often, but this product is great for eyeshadow and liner or just liner, and that is the NYX Shadow and Liner Primer ($10.99). Again, I have tried a lot of eyeshadow primers, and this is the best budget-friendly one out there in my humble opinion, your eyeliner isn’t going anywhere even if you have oily eyelids like me. Perfect to pair with this is the NYX Epic Ink eyeliner ($7.99), easy to use, and even without the primer it’s going to last you all day or night. Next, eyebrows. I don’t know about you but my eyebrows are pretty nice and thick, but boy oh boy do they not want to stay in place. However, my brows are no match for the NYX Control Freak Eyebrow Gel ($6.97). Don’t do this, but I’ve fallen asleep with this stuff on and woke up, and not a single eyebrow hair was out of place. And lastly for the eyes, mascara. Big Mood ($14) from e.l.f is the way to go. Good color, length, and volume. What more could you ask for?!

Finishing Touch

And finally, we need to make sure our budget-friendly makeup look is here to stay. The Milani Make it Last Original makeup primer and setting spray is the way to go. I would say it is on par with some of the higher-end makeup sprays, and if money wasn’t a problem I would still choose this one. ($14.19)

Ceci Wood

Lasell '24

Ceci is a Senior at Lasell University and is studying English. In her free time, you can find her reading, writing, making some banging playlists, or playing the sims!