Briana Wrubleski

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

While Rugby may be a popular sport at Lasell College, so is cross-country running.  Briana Wrubleski is the president of the Running Club at Lasell College, adding a touch of class to the sport.  However, running does not even begin to make up the long list of campus activities that she is an active member of.  Some of these clubs include, but are not limited too; the secretary for Lasell Says Thank-You, treasurer of She’s The First, senator for the Student Government Association (SGA), resident of the Keever Community House, Circle K International (Service Work Program), an ambassador for the Center for Community Based Learning (CCBL), and a member of the Lasell cross-country team.  

With her sophisticated demeanor and approachable attitude she makes a wonderful addition to many of the clubs that participate at Lasell.  Her passion for running whether it be track, cross-country, or for just pure joy fits in with her major at Lasell College.  Wrubleski is studying to be an Exercise Science major for her undergraduate degree.  She said, “I want to help people realize how empowering exercise can be.”

Wrubleski strives to make healthy choices in her life she even said, “I plan to run a half-marathon this year.”  For those who are not running enthusiasts a half marathon in the equivalent of running 13.1 miles.  She positively said about running that, “It’s a stress reliever and it makes you set goals and reach goals and to see individual progress.”  Wrubleski uses the same vigor and enthusiasm she has for running to throw herself into all activates that involve community service.

This year she is living in the Keever House located on the Lasell Campus and this house centers around community service, all of the residents even have a set amount of community service hours they must complete. She said, “I figured being surrounded by people who have a similar passion would be an ideal living situation.”  Wrubleski has a caring heart, she only gains positive inspiration from helping others, no matter how small or large the task may be.  Her favorite quote captures that essence perfectly by stating, “Stay humble, stay hopeful.”

Although Wrubleski takes her community service participation seriously, she also has a fun and energetic side that can be seen through her bucket list items.  When asked what items make up her bucket list she said, “I want to study abroad in Africa.  This one is super cliché, but I want to skydive and make a difference in people’s lifestyles with healthy living.”

With the last 400 words or so describing a very influential sophomore at Lasell College she answered the classic Campus Cutie question of describing her perfect date in a joking tone saying, “You have to run a mile with me under a certain time and then we would go to dinner.”  After Wrubleski and myself managed to stop laughing she gave a more serious answer by saying, “A fancy dinner, but there would have to be something fun with it.  I love outdoor activities, so like kayaking or biking.”  So listen up all eligible Lasell men because you might just want to consider brushing up on your kayaking skills because this woman is one worth chasing after.