Webpnet resizeimagejpg?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
Webpnet resizeimagejpg?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Red Lips and Rosé

The Brand New Season of Teen Mom OG

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With the ending of the latest season of Teen Mom 2, fans are excited for what the brand new season of Teen Mom OG has to bring. After just two new episodes, this season looks like it will deliver on the drama. Especially with the added touch of Covid, Season 9 is sure to be interesting. 

Cheyenne’s storyline has always been a fairly calm one. Most of the content fans see has to do with Ryder’s VLCAD deficiency and her efforts to co-parent with Cory Wharton. However, Cheyenne has reconnected with her high school sweetheart, Zach Davis. If you have been watching for a while, you know that Chey and Zach have been all drama in the past. Judging by the air time we have seen from Zach already, he seems like he has changed and has his priorities straight. With a child on the way for the two of them, fans are just hoping that things work out for the two of them. 

Catelynn’s life has been fairly relaxed as well. She is still looking to pursue a career, so she can find her identity outside of being a mom. She and Tyler have also been considering the idea of having a 3rd child: they have vocalized their longing to have a boy. They have been blasted by fans accusing them of having more children to fill the void of placing Carly up for adoption when they were just 17. Others also dislike the idea of them having a boy as the boy could be the “clear favorite” out of him, Nova, and Vaeda. Coming from a family of 2 girls and a boy, that statement is absolutely correct. Honestly, they should stop after their 2 girls as Catelynn said herself that 3 might be too much.

Amber has been going through a rough time for a while now. Many TMOG fans dog her for the mistakes she has made in the past, but most of her actions have been guided by her borderline personality disorder, bipolar disorder, and problems with addiction. Coming from a personal perspective, Amber deserves compassion and it is admirable that she is still trying her hardest to be there for her daughter, Leah, through it all. She is still having issues with Andrew, the father of her infant son, and is out of her house and without her car. This ordeal has been going on for quite some time. Hopefully, it can be resolved soon.

This past year for McKenzie has not been easy at all. She is still coping with the loss of her mother and struggling with an anxiety disorder. On top of these two obstacles, her marriage with Josh has been in shambles after he wrongly accused him of cheating on her with her cousin and posted it all over social media. Josh has struggled with staying faithful to McKenzie in the past, and it is obvious that the two of them have major trust issues that seem unfixable at this point. Fans can only hope that she can continue healing from the passing of her mom and figure things out with Josh for the sake of their children. 

What MTV airs for Maci usually involves her problems with ex Ryan Edwards and his inability to be an active parent to their son, Bentley. His problems with addiction continue to stand in the way, but there is an overall lack of effort on his part when it comes to Bentley. Now that Bentley has started therapy, it seems hopeful that he will get the help he needs to cope with his absent father. As a fan, it is tough to watch as MTV shamelessly airs the information from his therapy sessions. It is both a moral and legal issue as there are confidentiality laws in therapy work, and it is also just wrong to share the sessions of an 11-year-old. 

There is a lot that went on in just 2 episodes of the season: it will be exciting to see what else unfolds in this season of Teen Mom OG.

Emelia Mulligan is a freshman at Lasell University studying Criminal Justice and playing field hockey. When she's not studying or practicing, she is either online shopping, watching reality tv, or listening to r&b. She has a passion for mental health awareness and is pursuing addiction recovery for a future career. Find her on social media linked below.