Brain Fried From Finals? Check Out These Netflix Favs in the Meantime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Finals week is a very stressful time. We end up pulling all-nighters, crying, some even become extreme and wish they never came to college. But, the most important part of preparing for these exams and projects is actually the breaks. Taking breaks in between studying allows you to be more focused and ready to study because it does not cause as much continuous stress. A common timeframe for taking breaks is to take a half hour break every 2-4 hours. Well, that is the length of a tv show, and hey, Netflix is right at our fingertips. Here are three of my personal favorite shows to watch to make you laugh and take your mind off your homework for a little while.

Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt

This is my favorite show as of right now. You follow Kimmy, a lady who has just been released after being kidnapped and placed in a bunker for 15 years. Now that she’s out of the bunker, she wants to live her life to the fullest and experience all life has to offer. She moves to New York and moves in with Titus- a wannabe actor, and Lillian- her eccentric landlord, and goes through her days learning more and more about what he’s capable of.

New Girl

Jess is a fun-loving, happy school teacher whose boyfriend cheats on her, and is forced to find a new place to live. She winds up in an apartment with three fun-loving guys, and along with with her model best friend, they navigate their days through life, with each other to help them through.

Grace and Frankie

When Grace and Frankie’s husbands leave them- for each other- these two old ladies have to come together to create a new life for themselves, and need each other’s support, no matter how completely opposite these two ladies are.

All gifs from giphy.com

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)