The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

With fall and winter comes a plethora of new sporting events and as someone who likes more aggressive sports, I was surprised at myself as I stared down Ticketmaster looking at Boston University Hockey Tickets. Now, the shock mostly came from my realization that I have never watched a hockey game, especially as a New Englander. After making some phone calls and checking my bank account, I was able to muster the $30 to go to the game and watch it with some of my favorite people. But one problem started to arise: I literally knew nothing about hockey, like, at all. Luckily, one of my fellow HerCampus members Ceci, who was also attending the game with me, was able to give me a breakdown on how the game was supposed to work.

This honestly made watching the game a lot more enjoyable, so I suggest if you are impulsive like me and know nothing about a decent amount of sports that you go with someone who can explain at least a couple things well enough for you to understand what is going on. I also recommend getting seats as close as possible. We were sitting in the second row from the bottom which was pretty close to the ice rink. So we got to see pretty much every push, shove, goal, and fight you could possibly see in the sport. 

Now onto the actual review: I would rate this game a 10 out of 10. Although BU lost (which was absolutely devastating by the way) I did have fun spending time with friends, seeing how other school sporting events work in the Greater Boston Area, as well as earning an appreciation for the sport. What they were doing out there was absolutely incredible and on SKATES?!?! I honestly couldn’t believe how fast they were getting up too cause I probably would have needed so much help. I would totally go again if I had the chance and this has definitely opened a door for me to go see other sporting events not only on my own campus, but even professional ones as well. Overall, I had a great time, and would 100% go to another BU Hockey game!

I love anything makeup, hair, and fashion and I love meeting new people!