“Bob’s Burgers” Heads to the Big Screen

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

*Image from amazon.com

Recently it was announced that Fox cartoon Bob’s Burgers will be getting its own feature film. Fans, don’t hold your breath though. The film is set to premiere July 17, 2020, so more than two and a half years from now.

Two-time Emmy Award winning, Bob’s Burgers follows Bob Belcher and family as Bob attempts to run his seaside burger joint while dealing with his family’s antics. Show creator Loren Bouchard is excited for all the potential that comes with bringing his show to the big screen.

“…We also know it has to fill every inch of the screen with the colors and the sounds and the ever so slightly greasy texture of the world of Bob’s – but most of all it has to take our characters on an epic adventure. In other words, it has to be the best movie ever made. But no pressure, right?!” Bouchard told Deadline.

After nearly seven years on air, Bob’s Burgers dominates nighttime TV. With armies of devout fans and Bouchard as the innovative creator, there is no telling what is next for the Belcher family.

Raegan Cleary is a senior at Lasell College studying Fashion Communication and Promotion. She likes French Bulldogs and long walks to Chipotle. In addition to Her Campus shes been doing theatre for eight years and this spring she'll be in her fourth production of Vagina Monologues. In the future she'd love to become the next Miranda Priestly or the frontwoman in a girl-punk band.