pink shaving razor?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pink shaving razor?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Original Illustration by Megan Charles for Her Campus Media
Wellness

Billie Razors: The Best Choice I’ve Made for Shaving

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Body hair: the once taboo topic that now has a whole movement in support of it. 

A little story about me. 

Okay, I’m going to start this out by saying I hate shaving. It takes a lot of time, it makes my skin break out, and it’s pricey. I started shaving pretty young- probably around the age of 10. The first time I ever shaved my mom put me in a swimsuit, handed me a razor, and said “go have fun”. It was not in fact what I’d call “fun”

For 6 more years after that I continued shaving, but I hated it. I found out that I have super sensitive skin, so I break out easily depending on how I shave and what I use. It wasn’t until I was 16 that I discovered the razor brand that would change my skin: Billie. 

A little information on Billie Razors.

Billie is a razor company made by women, for women. The co-founder, Georgina Gooley, wanted to come up with a razor brand that tackled the issue of pink tax. Billie is a female-first razor subscription company that offers hair removal products like razors, shaving cream, wax, body buffers, and more. 

A little more information on me and Billie Razors. 

The first kit I ever got by Billie was the “Razor Starter Kit”, for $10. Plus, I added on “Whipped Shave Cream” for $8. For a total of about $18, I was able to get razors and shaving cream. Usually, it would cost my household (my mother and I) anywhere from $20-$40 a month to shop for razors. 

After my first purchase, I was able to sign up for the subscription. Instead of spending $18 dollars every month, I’m spending $9 dollars every two months and $8 dollars every four months. 

A little bit of the benefits I’ve found in the last few years. 

Look, I know this razor brand won’t be “it” for everyone. But, it’s definitely had some benefits for me. My legs break out less, I’m saving more money, it’s all good quality, and it gets shipped right to you!

If you’ve had similar struggles with shaving that I’ve had, then I would definitely consider looking into Billie Razors. You won’t regret it!

Jade Durkee

Lasell '25

Hi! I'm Jade Durkee, I'm a junior Psychology major at Lasell University. I'm from Hopatcong, New Jersey. I love reading, video games, crocheting, and playing piano.