Keegan Acton and friend laughing
Keegan Acton and friend laughing
Keegan Acton
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Best Ways to Safetly Interact With Friends on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

One of the best things about college is the social interaction, and the ability to meet new people and form relationships. Due to the pandemic, we are being forced to limit our social interaction with others on campus, in order to stay safe and keep ourselves and others healthy. This can be hard, but it does not mean we have to stay away from our friends, we just have to make sure our interactions are safe, to avoid the spread of the virus. 

1. Keep to small groups: Interacting with only a few people can lessen the chance of the virus spreading. Most states say the largest number of people at one time should be fifteen, but the smaller your circle, the better. 

2. Online Hangouts: There are many ways to connect with your friends virtually, especially those who have chosen to stay at home this semester. My friends and I love to do group Zoom calls to keep in touch. There are also things such as Netflix Party, and virtual multiplayer games that can allow yourself and your friends to safely make great memories!

3. Social Distance and Masks: As much as we want to run up to our friends and greet them with a hug the first time we’ve seen them in six months, it simply is unsafe and can cause a virus spread. Maintaining six foot distance when with your friends allows you to be able to interact in person while keeping everyone safe. It is also very important to wear your mask, so that you can stay even safer. 

These ideas can help you still spend time with your friends, but do it in such a way that you all stay safe and healthy, as that is the utmost priority when going back to campus this year.

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)