Style > Beauty

Best Nail Polish Colors Based on Your Zodiac Sign

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I’m not a huge zodiac follower, however, I do like reposting those cute zodiac posts on my story whenever I see a Sagittarius one. As I was scrolling through Instagram (looking at zodiac posts…maybe I’m a bigger zodiac fan than I want to admit) I took a look at my thumbnail and shuddered. I definitely need a fresh set. But what color would I even get? Then boom, that’s how this article was born. So if your partner doesn’t know which color you should get either don’t worry, that’s what I’m here for wink

Aries (March 20-April 19): Red

Aries is my sister-fire sign and I am legit so jealous of all of you. You are all so bad*ss and know what you want when you want. Aries are hard-working, dependable, and hilarious. Aries is the human definition of being outside all the time. So you need a color that embodies that confidence. 

Taurus (April 19-May 20): Navy Blue

Taurus are dead set in their ways. They are very stubborn, like to stay home, and are very logical. They are the friend you need to text when you are debating whether to spend that extra five dollars for shipping or if can you wait another week. Thus, you need to show that stability with your nail color. Something practical, mature, and can go with every outfit. 

Gemini (May 20-June 21): Forest Green

Geminis are known for being perceptive, funny, and always curious people. They can also tell when someone is trying to take them as a fool. It’s always great to have a Gemini friend around because you can learn a lot from them. I picked this dark shade of green because it embodies their versatile nature. 

Cancer (June 21-July 22): Baby Pink

Whenever I think of Cancers I think of soft girl aesthetic vibes. Cancers give off the vibes that I want to be. They are emotional, comfortable, and sweet people. They won’t initiate a fight but best believe they are going to end it if needed. Baby pink is the softest color I can think of and honestly, all of my Cancer friends always have baby pink on their nails. 

Leo (July 22-August 22): Gold 

Leos are easily one of my favorite zodiac signs. They are warm, bold, and ambitious. Since they get their name from lions it’s not surprising, to say the least. They are always craving self-growth and love praise when they receive it. So if you are friends with Leo or want to start a relationship with them, make sure to compliment them. I choose gold for this sign because they deserve nothing less. 

Virgo (August 22-September 22): French-Tip 

You may be wondering why I picked this one since it’s technically not a color but a style. I’ll answer you right now. Every Virgo reading through this article before they got to their sign was thinking “She isn’t going to get my color right.” How did I know what you were thinking dear Virgo? Because you’re a perfectionist that always needs to be right. You can be critical to a fault and you love patterns. I chose this style since Virgos are classy and modest and need a style that represents that. So what better style than the classic French Tip nail? 

Libra (September 22-October 23): Gray/Silver

When I think of Libras, the most iconic libra comes to mind, Kim Kardashian. Which is honestly how I see every Libra. Whenever you meet a Libra, they are always doing a million things at a time. They are spontaneous and strategic and love to show off when they’re proud of something. I liked gray or silver for them because the monotone vibes are for them. They need a color that goes well with their designer closet. 

Scorpio (October 23-November 22): Black

Scorpios are the constellation black sheep of the group. They are constantly doing their own thing and they have a ruthless point of view of the world. They are blunt, honest, and fearless. They’re the people that seem like the most popular people in the class but also love the darkness. I don’t think I need to explain this choice. 

Sagittarius (November 22-December 21): Purple

Although we may get the short end of the stick a lot of the time because we are one of the hardest zodiac sign names to spell, I need to shine a light on us for a bit. Sagittarius is known to be an explorer. They love learning about others and themselves. They are unshackled by worldly attachments and try to see the best in everything. With this in mind, I picked purple. It radiates a sense of individuality and spontaneity that every Sag carries. 

Capricorn (December 21-January 20): White

Capricorns are so right to the point, posh, and put-together people. They don’t need attention, however, they aren’t immune to it. They just don’t indulge themselves in it. They are constantly working on improving themselves and they don’t care what others think. I chose white as a no-brainer because they don’t need something showy, but something simple yet cute. 

Aquarius (January 19-February 18): Periwinkle 

Aquarius has such a magical vibe to them. They are the typical movie outcast. They love to live their lives against the crowd and do whatever feels right to them! They find normalcy boring and love to stand out in a crowd. They don’t want black or white nails. They want a nail color you barely ever see on anyone. They will also gladly pay the extra five dollars to get cute designs on them. 

Pisces (February 18-March 20): Baby Blue

Pisces are genuinely sensitive, dreamy, and lost in their own world. They are in tune with their emotions so much that they sometimes can’t see where reality ends and fantasy begins. They have soft skills such as holding value in feelings that aren’t shared. Baby blue has the intensity of water with the blue aspect, but carries the delicacy with the lightness. 

Hello there! I am Yalines Medrano and I am a Forensic Science major at Lasell University with the class of 2024. I am from Peabody, Massachusetts and I love to read, watch anime, and hang out with friends! I am so excited to be involved in HER Campus!