Style > Beauty

Best Nail Ideas for a Professional Work Enviroment

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

I currently work at a job where there is a strict dress code. This means that attire needs to be business casual, the only piercings that can be visible are in the ear, and nails have to be done as professionally as possible. 

I am the type of person who loves to get my nails done every two weeks, and always keep my manicures in pristine condition. However, I also love to have fun when I get my nails done and do crazy patterns and colors. Due to the dress code at work, I now have to make sure that they are appropriate for the business environment. Sometimes, these types of things may not be fun, and we do not want to have boring nails, so I have created a list of nail ideas that are appropriate for the work environment, but are still very fun. 

1. Glitter Tips- French tips are a very professional nail idea. Spice them up by putting glitter as the tips instead of the white. There is glitter polish in a variety of professional colors, so there is a lot to choose from. 

2. White- White is a great professional color and can be used in both summer and winter to add a different touch to your nails.

3. Floral Design- A floral design can amplify your work look. Use neutral colors for the base and for the colors to be able to make it more workplace-friendly. 

4. Bright Red- Red is one of the most professional nail colors. It also goes well with every workplace outfit as well, which makes it very versatile. 

5. One Glitter Nail- Having the rest of your nails a solid color and one in a glitter color can make them look beautiful and unique. 

I hope that these ideas helped you come up with the perfect workplace look! Let us know what other ideas you have tried!

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)