XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
XBadSkincareHabits HeroImage?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Style > Beauty

The Best Lotions for Dry Winter Skin

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Each and every year, the weather gets colder and my skin gets drier and drier. It’s definitely no fun to walk around feeling like a giant ball of flake, so I often find myself turning to the internet in search of the best lotion that will once and for all hydrate my crusty skin. If you’re anything like me and are desperately in need of some powerful moisturization, keep reading to find out more about the five best lotions that you can be using this winter. 

1. Vanicream Moisturizing Cream

This first lotion by Vanicream definitely deserves more hype. On Amazon, this product has 4.5 stars, so it’s clear that people are loving it, but why? Well, this moisturizing cream is free of fragrance, dyes, and parabens, making it the perfect option for people with sensitive skin. It’s also gluten-free, dermatologist tested, and has received the seal of acceptance from the National Eczema Association. This cream strives to soothe red, irritated, cracked, or itchy skin. 

2. Cetaphil Sheer Hydration Body Lotion

This next product is a super powerful liquid lotion that is packed with vitamins and keeps your skin hydrated for more than minutes. This lotion is safe for sensitive skin and comes from the brand Cetaphil, the #1 dermatologist-recommended skincare brand. This lotion aims to provide 48-hr hydration with Cetaphil’s HydroSensitiv Complex. Plus, with this product, you never have to worry about feeling sticky or greasy after applying it! 

3. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream

This specific moisturizing cream is actually my personal favorite, but it makes a place for itself on this list because other people believe it’s simply amazing too. This product has a full 5-star rating on Amazon and promises to moisturize, restore, and maintain the skin’s protective barrier. This non-greasy formula feels thick but glides smoothly on the skin. Additionally, this product is also dermatologist-tested, fragrance-free, and safe for sensitive skin.

4. Eucerin Intensive Repair Lotion

If your skin is in dire need of some intensive repair, this is the lotion for you this winter. This ultra-rich lotion is targeted to those with very dry and flaky skin and works to keep that dry skin moisturized for a full 24 hours. This product starts helping you look and feel better immediately, as after just one application skin looks noticeably softer and smoother. 

5. Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Healing Ointment

Last but certainly not least is this amazing healing ointment from the brand Aquaphor. Free from fragrance and preservatives, this product is dermatologist-recommended and safe for sensitive skin. This ointment not only nourishes the skin, but also creates a protective barrier that allows very dry, cracked, and irritated skin to heal. This product can be used all over the body but is especially useful for areas like the hands, feet, and elbows where the skin is typically very dry.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy, and safe winter this year. Don’t forget to take care of your skin using one of the lotions linked above, and let us know in the comments below what your go-to moisturizer is for the colder weather.

Attends Lasell University and is currently a senior (class of 2023). An elementary education major with a minor in child and adolescent studies. A proud member of the LGBTQ+ community, I love the color yellow, crocs, and all kinds of tea!