This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

The holidays are quickly coming upon us! And although we aren’t able to be with everyone that we would wish to be with over the holidays, we can still make the holidays a little bit sweeter with this simple and delicious traditional Dominican dessert: Flan!

Ingredients:    

• 1 can of 12-ounce carnation milk
  • 1 can of condensed milk
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 1 can of sweetened cherries (or pineapples whatever fruits you want!) 

Steps:

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 

2. Crack the four eggs and put it in a blender, add in the can of carnation milk, then add in the 1 can of condensed milk. Blend until liquid.

3. Caramelize the cup of sugar in a pot on medium heat.

4. Take the pan that you’re going to bake it in and put the caramelized sugar in and move it around so it spreads around the pan

5. Put in the milk and egg mixture inside the pan

6. Grab another pan and fill it halfway with water, placing the pan of the flan mixture inside of the water pan

7. Bake it for an hour and a half. 

8.Take it out and let it cool until it isn’t hot anymore.

9. Once cool, flip the flan over on another pan so the caramelized sugar is on top.

10. Top it with some caramelized cherries or any fruit you desire(most families prefer cherries)

And there you go! A nice and easy dessert that is sure to please everyone eating it in your household, and make the family members you are  Zooming with very jealous to not snag a piece!

Hello there! I am Yalines Medrano and I am a Forensic Science major at Lasell University with the class of 2024. I am from Peabody, Massachusetts and I love to read, watch anime, and hang out with friends! I am so excited to be involved in HER Campus!