Best Galentines Movies to Binge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Galentine’s Day allows us to celebrate our friends and how much we mean to each other. Parties that celebrate this have been becoming increasingly popular, with dinner parties, movie nights, a night out on the town, etc. Due to COVID-19, having a Galentine’s Day party can be really hard this year. So, one way to get the girls together can be through a Netflix Party. This allows everyone to watch the movie together, comment and talk about the movie through the chat feature, and have a good time. The next question is, What movie should we watch for our Netflix Party? I have chosen some of my favorite movies that I think would be perfect and have listed them below!

1. Sex and the City: This is a classic girl’s night movie. Follow your favorite group of New York socialites as they laugh, cry, love, and make memories they will always remember. 

2. Dumplin’: When Willowdean gets sick of beauty standards posed upon girls from society and their surroundings, she decides to enter a beauty pageant to show that true beauty comes from within. 

3. To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before: The classic and memorable love story from our generation. Lara Jean spent her life writing love letters to her crushes that she never wanted to be sent. One day, those letters did get sent and now she has to deal with the consequences. This is a great one to watch because the sequels are also on Netflix, so you can make a marathon out of it. 

4. Wine Country: A group of friends gathers together for a birthday celebration in Napa Valley. Due to the various personalities and a lot of wine, the getaway turns more and more interesting by the moment. 

These are some of our favorite Girl’s Night In movies, be sure to check them out and let us know what you think. 

Anna Wall

Lasell '22

Lasell University Event Management Student, Class of 2022. She loves llamas, event planning, and country music :)