This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

If you’ve always had a fondness for homemade items rather than mass-produced ones, and your go-to store for, well, everything, is Etsy, then you’d probably feel right at home at a flea market. Flea markets, also called craft fairs or pop-up markets, host various small businesses, that set up tables and small tents to sell what they make. You’ll find a variety of different products, such as clothes, jewelry, skincare products, posters, prints, and stickers. The Boston area has many different markets, but you still have the opportunity to find some of your favorite vendors at more than one!

1. The Brighton Bazaar

I just attended this one for the very first time this weekend, but I already know I have to go back for the next one! The Brighton Bazaar is located at the Brighton Elks Lodge, with an option for parking being the lot behind the building. The market, at least for now, is part indoors and part outdoors. The Brighton Bazaar offers a great experience by including multiple food and drink vendors, as well as music from their resident DJ, who you can find on Instagram @majorwaxbuildup. The bazaar runs once a month, on a Sunday. 

1. The Somerville Flea

Unfortunately, the Somerville Flea is done for the season, running on Sundays from August 7th through October 23rd, it is one I’ll have to revisit next summer. The market is located in Davis Square in Somerville, which conveniently is right next to a parking garage that is free on weekends. Out of all the markets I’ve been to, I’ve seen the most booths with vintage and found items, so if that’s right up your alley, this is the place for you!

1. Salvage Angel and Spotlight Saturdays

Salvage Angel, located in Norwood, is a permanent store that hosts many different small businesses, without them having to be there. While everything is separated by vendor, you shop there like you would any other store, bringing your items to the front to check out. The store hours are Thursday from 12-6, and Friday through Sunday from 10-6. Salvage Angel also holds their Spotlight Saturdays, an outdoor market that showcases some of the same brands in-store, but with their owners running the booths. Check out the Salvage Angel Instagram page @salvage.angel for more details on their Spotlight Saturday dates!

Kyra is a senior at Lasell University and is an elementary education major. She loves to hike, bake, and work with her students at daycare.