This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lasell chapter.

Whether you are in a relationship, living your best single life, or even feeling a bit lonely this Valentine’s Day, here is my list of must-watch movies to make your day that much better. You will find that most of these are romantic or rom-coms, but they are just a few of my favorite movies that I have a love for on this day of love. 

To start off strong, we have “Valentine’s Day” featuring the iconic actors Julia Roberts, Anne Hathaway, Jennifer Garner, Bradley Cooper, and Ashton Kutcher. There are even more famous people than this, forming an amazing film with amazing acting. If you enjoy movies that follow the lives of multiple people and watch how they all relate to each other, then I 100% recommend you watch this movie this coming Valentine’s Day. 

Next, we have “10 Things I Hate About You” starring Julia Stiles and Heath Ledger. Both of these actors have my heart, and they were perfect for their roles as the quiet girl with no interest in love, and the boy who was not looking for love either. I feel like many movies that take place in high school don’t provide a real sense of what it is like, but watching this movie, I noticed that there were multiple scenes that were raw and real like high school was. However, like any rom-com, there are some scenes that are far-fetched. But overall this is a beautiful movie for Valentine’s Day.

Another one of my favorite rom-com movies is “The Breakfast Club.” I have to say, I love films from the ’80s and ’90s, and this is one of my favorites. I adore Molly Ringwald and love that she was almost always put in movies with Anthony Hall as well. A great part about this movie is that there are lots of funny parts, but it also covers the topic of what happens in students’ lives that they don’t talk about. My favorite scene is when they are all in a circle talking about what they did to get into detention, and how it uncovers that you never know what’s going on in the lives of the jock or the pretty girl, or the outcast and the nerd. Overall I would say this is a 9/10 watch, and a good fit for your Valentine’s movie date or Galentine get-together. 

One of my favorite newer rom-com movies is “Holidate” starring Emma Roberts and Luke Bracey. What I love most about this movie is that it includes all of the holidays in one movie, so you can watch it any time during the year. There are countless moments throughout this film where I was laughing so hard my stomach hurt. The acting is on point and the ending leaves you without any questions. Overall this movie is worth watching more than once if your favorite genre is romantic comedy. 

Lastly, I have to mention my all-time favorite movie, which is “The Notebook.” I know this might be a basic favorite movie to some people, however, it deserves to be put on this list if you are like me and love romantic dramas. There is something about this film that just hits me every time I watch it, which if I am being honest, is too many times to count. However, fair warning that this is 100% a tearjerker, and will leave you deep in your feels. But all that doesn’t matter when Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams are on the screen. 

If you are having trouble finding the perfect lineup of movies to watch this Valentine’s Day, add a few of these to your viewing list. Whether with your significant other, friends or just by yourself, these movies can help brighten your day or night. So grab a bowl of popcorn and a tray of candies, and enjoy the rom-coms you have been waiting all year to watch. 

Hello! My name is Olivia Prisco and I am a Psychology Major at Lasell University in the class of 2026. I am from Cape Cod, Massachusetts and I enjoy writing, playing tennis, and watching comedies. I am excited to be a part of the HER Campus community.